Greg Goebel Email Page
* I have centralized my email contact mechanism to make it easier to block
off spammers, as well as provide some friendly and useful information that
might save you a bit of effort:
- I'm a freelance writer who is not running a business. I am also
strictly an amateur and, in general, have no real professional standing or
qualifications in any of the subjects I write about. Please
consider your inquiries accordingly.
- All messages over 100 KB in size are automatically blocked and
deleted, in order to prevent people from doing things like, say ...
sending me multimegabyte-sized pictures of pieces of scrap metal and
clogging my mailer. (Yes, believe it or not, I have had people do this to
me, though I can't say I understand why.) If you want to send me
something big, please discuss it with me first.
- All executable attachments to messages are automatically discarded to
prevent various destructive things from happening to my PC. I think
everyone can agree this a reasonable precaution.
- I am very happy to answer questions if it is no great bother to do so, and
will even do a bit of research if time, resources, and inclination permit,
but sending me serious homework or troubleshooting projects isn't
workable. I'm backlogged on things I'm doing now and any serious new
projects would have to go to the end of the queue.
- If you're curious about the sources for the documents on this site,
they're listed at the end of each document (for all but a very few
documents). Please be aware that some of the documents have multiple
pages / chapters, with pages and sections numbered appropriately; you can
go from chapter to chapter with the "Prev" and "Next" links or go to the
"Index" page to get a table of contents. The sources will usually be the
last link in the table. If you're after copies of sources, I'm not in a
legal position to provide them. If you are after further sources, those
listed are all I know about.
- All illustrations on this site credited to me with "GVG / PD" are public
domain and free for all use. I can give no authorization for the rest.
Where possible, I have listed the source and such authorizations as I have
received myself (I try to be conscientious in their use); I have no more
information on them than that.
- Since the site is public domain, feel free to link to it, no need to ask
In particular, if you have one of the "frequently asked questions" that often
arrive in my mailbox, such as requests for:
- Placing your documents on my site.
- Industry, military, government, or academic contacts for any topic.
- Histories or whereabouts of aircrew, aircraft, military units, etc.
- Aircraft (or other) blueprints, schematics, manuals, or engineering specs.
- Identification or description of aircraft parts or other components.
- Purchase or sale of aircraft, or where aircraft can be bought or sold.
- Purchase or sale of aircraft (or other) parts.
- Purchase or sale of raw plastics or explosives or so on and so on.
- Where anything on this list might be found.
-- I can give the answers right away: no / I don't have them / Don't
know / no clue -- and so on. To the extent that I have any information on
such topics, you'll do as well or better by using the search engine on this
site. If you are after any information that you can't find using the
search engine, it is very unlikely I will be able to tell you myself,
either. I'm really not a very good substitute for a search engine. If you
still absolutely insist on sending me such queries anyway -- please
people, this isn't productive. It's not. Trust me.
All that having been said -- thanks for bearing with me -- to send me email,
just click on the link below:
This email address is temporary. It changes the first of every month.